Why Tiny Houses are Popular in Texas
Everything is bigger in Texas, or at least that’s what they say. However, nothing could less true about the tiny house movement that is recently starting to take hold of the Lone Star State. Almost every day, we are seeing more people start looking for tiny houses for sale in Texas.
With warm temperatures that last all year, it’s no wonder why Texas makes such a perfect place to own a tiny home. Texas is a state that has both barren deserts and coastal scenery and it is this combination that is driving more and more Texans towards the tiny house lifestyle.
Making the choice to take on the tiny lifestyle offers an opportunity at getting away from the conventional life that most people typical endure. Many tiny home owners can pay off their debts and live mortgage-free, this means that they can focus on living their lives to their fullest potentials. Moreover, these people often own tiny houses on wheels and can get away and travel as much as they want, without ever leaving their house behind.
Above being mobile and less expensive, owning a tiny house can offer those who make the move many other benefits that just can’t be found when living in a normal size house.
The Benefits of Tiny Houses
- Versatile – Tiny houses for sale in Texas are some of the most versatile homes available on the market. Most tiny houses are built on wheels and can be used either as a full-time home or as a recreational vehicle that you can take with you wherever you go. Not only can they function as an RV, but tiny houses can be used for a plethora of different uses. Some people these days are starting to use tiny homes in conjunction with their existing house. This allows them to use the tiny house as a home office or studio, in-law suite, guest house or rental unit.
- Inexpensive – Not only are they versatile, but tiny houses are significantly less expensive that traditional homes. With a price tag that is often less than half, tiny home owners are usually able to pay for their tiny house up front or can pay off their mortgages off much sooner than if they were living in a full-size house.
- Community – Those who call a tiny house their own will get to become part of a thriving community of like-minded people. The tiny house lifestyle is making it much easier to meet people who share many of the same values as you. This community is, also, not confined to any state or national borders. People around the world are starting to heed the call of the tiny house movement and when you decide to make the transition, you will instantly get access to this warm and welcoming community of tiny house owners.
- Functional – One thing that people love about tiny houses are how functional they can be. When dealing with such a small amount of space, there is an important need to make every inch count. Many tiny home owners take it as a challenge to see what kind of nifty, space-saving ideas they can come up with. This might include ideas such as fold-away tables, furniture that doubles as storage or anything that can make better use of a space that would normally go to waste.
- Green – Another major benefit of tiny homes for sale in Texas is that they are environmentally friendly. Tiny homes have a smaller physical footprint and are also much more energy efficient than their larger counterparts. Their small size means that they will require less energy consumption to heat and cool. Moreover, tiny houses are often run off generators, solar panels or small wind mills, making them an even more sustainable housing choice.
Cost of Tiny Houses for Sale in Texas
No two tiny houses for sale in Texas are going to have the same price tag. Things such as the size and locations of the house will come into play, as well as whether you already own a property to place your tiny home on or not.
Generally, tiny houses can cost anywhere between $20,000 and $150,000. However, most will usually fall in between the $70,000 and $120,000 price range.
You may find contractors who claim to offer tiny houses for as low as $30,000, however, this is often falsely advertised and is only the price for the shell of the house. This will not include any interior work or furnishings. This will be left to the homeowner to be taken care of.
Where Can I Get a Tiny House in Texas?
There are only two options when it comes to getting into a tiny house. You will either must buy one of build a tiny house.
Buying a tiny house can be the better choice if you are looking for a quick and easy transition into tiny house living.
However, most people, who are looking to adopt the lifestyle, will opt to have their tiny house built. This allows them the flexibility to build their home in the exact same way that they have envisioned and to make changes as they build progresses.
Many tiny home owners take pride in how their tiny house is built. Whether it is because they have used entirely recycled materials or simply because of what types of functional features they’ve added, tiny home owners like to show off their creativity and get a kick out of being as creative as possible in their design.
Why Hiring Builders is Better Than Looking for Used Tiny Homes for Sale in Texas
Hiring a builder will often provides you with all the tools necessary for you to be able to build the tiny house of your dreams.
Tiny house contractors usually have years of experience in the field and know exactly how the entire process works. They will guide you and walk you through every step of the build and make sure that your voice is heard. A good contractor will work with you and ensure that everything is proceeding as normal. This way, you will walk away from the build with the home of your dreams and meanwhile, your builder can rest easy knowing that they have completely the job successfully.
What Can We Offer
At Build Tiny House, we want to offer our clients the best solutions to all of their tiny house needs.
Most of our clients come to us and are looking for a way to get rid of their traditional house and want to move into something smaller and more environmentally friendly. Our job is then to take you and provide you with access to the best tiny house solutions available on the market.
We want our clients to let us know what they want. Whether they don’t have any idea what sort of home they are looking for, or know every detail of everything they want in their home, we do our best to take your needs and make sure that they are met.
We know that moving isn’t always an easy process and that is why we would like you to let us take on as much of the responsibility as we can, which leaves you free to look forward to getting moved into your newly built tiny home.
It doesn’t matter if you are just looking for information on how to get the process started or if you are already half-way through the process and only need our help finding a house. Either way, Build Tiny House is here to arm you with the insight to be able to make the most informed decisions about your future home.
We want to work with you and guide you through the process of building your dream home. We ensure that you are involved, from the beginning to the end, and make sure that you can monitor the progress of the job and inspect our work as the project advances. This keeps you in control, even if you aren’t doing any of the work.
With our team of qualified engineers and knowledgeable staff, we are fully dedicated to providing you with the best options and most sustainable choices. That is why we are now happy to announce the addition of Timber Frame tiny houses to our lineup. There timber frame houses offer a sustainable, durable, non-toxic and naturally fireproof building material that has proven its worth over the centuries. Time and time again, timber makes itself one of the most reliable materials to build with and has the versatility needed to be able to create whatever style or shape of tiny home that you can imagine.
These conscious and sustainable choices are what is driving the tiny house movement and are exactly the options that our clients are looking for. Here at Build Tiny House, we strive for excellence and aim to make the world a better place by building one tiny house at a time.
We would like to see more tiny houses for sale in Texas, which is why we are now offering free delivery to anywhere in the entire country. Be sure to look for us in the following areas.
Laws Regarding Tiny Houses in Texas
There are no two situations that are going to be the same when it comes to the laws regarding tiny homes in Texas. Every region and municipality will have their own set of land use ordinances and building codes that you will have to adhere to. Therefore, it is important to do your due diligence and make sure that you know what the laws are for your specific area. Speaking to a local contractor or to local building inspectors can be a great way to enhance your knowledge on the topic.
Some of the factors that will determine which laws pertain to your tiny house will include, but are not limited to the following.
- The size of the structure
- Whether there are other structures on the property
- Whether it is being built on wheels or a foundation
- Utilities on the property
- The size of the lot